To end their Walsall Town Festival festivities, Southcart Books in Lower Hall Lane, Walsall, are having a little bookshop party showcasing some of their local and regional author friends’ talents on this Saturday 25th July.
And there’ll be quite a variety of writing talent on offer, all of whom will reading from their work in crime fiction, science fiction, fantasy, horror and more!
The Master of Ceremonies will be the Editor of The Bloxwich Telegraph, A. Stuart Williams, who is himself a local author.
The programme for Saturday’s event is as follows:
10.00am Southcart Books Opens
- 11.00am WELCOME by Scott & Amy, proprietors of Southcart Books
- 11.05am INTRO by MC and author A. Stuart Williams
- 11.10am Adrian Middleton
- 11.35am James Josiah
- 12.00pm Anthony Nick Britt
- 12.25pm – 1pm Lunch Break for Mingling and Browsing
- 1pm-1.25pm Janet Edwards
- 1.25pm-1.50pm Mike Chinn
- 1.50pm-2.15pm A. Stuart Williams
- Mid-Afternoon Break 2.15pm-2.35pm
- 2.35pm-3.00pm Don Melbourne
- 3.00pm-3.25pm Rob Cartwright and Theresa Derwin
- 3.25pm-3.50pm Rob Grimes
- 3.50pm Thanks & Chucking Out by MC A. Stuart Williams
Shop Closes 4.30pm
Works by these authors will be on sale, subject to availability, and may be signed on request.
All are welcome, and ADMISSION IS FREE! Light refreshments will be available. Get there early if you can, as these events are always highly popular!
If you are on Facebook, you are invited to sign up to the Event Page, where you can find out more about the authors who will be reading on Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/events/1600897530184162/
Southcart Books is the area’s ONLY independent bookshop, and is located at 20 Lower Hall Lane, Walsall, WS1 1RL.
You can also find them on Walsall Market today with their mobile bookstall, as part of the special Walsall Town Festival market!