Walsall Council’s cabinet met on Wednesday 4 February 2015.
Key decisions made at the meeting included:
• The approval of the Corporate Plan 2015-2019 ‘Shaping a Fairer Future’
• Changes of over £1m of savings to the budget consultation after feedback from the public, including the withdrawal of plans to charge for garden waste, district centre car park charges, cuts in street cleansing and maintaining the level of financial support to organisations in the voluntary and communtiy sector, such as community associations;
• Removal of discretionary bus passes to faith schools from September 2015;
• An agreement to include the Council in a nationwide search for a mobile phone provider
• Approve a new model delivery for children’s centre services and deliver savings of £1.85m by March 2017;
• Conduct further consultation on proposals to strengthen and improve the provision available for children with special needs and disabilities
Reports on all the items discussed by Cabinet can be found at http://bit.ly/1DtxzMC.
All the decisions taken by Cabinet will be posted on the decisions page at http://www2.walsall.gov.uk/CMISWebPublic/Decisions.aspx