Last Saturday afternoon saw Blakenall Heath in party mood as hundreds of local people came together to enjoy a summer holiday on their doorstep!
And families flocked to the Blakenall Village Centre on Thames Road for an afternoon of traditional seaside fun for all ages – there was even real sand for the kiddies to make castles!
A host of activities for all were laid on between 2pm – 6pm in true nautical style – by the “crew” of the Good Ship Blakenall who took to the “high seas” and had everything running “ship-shape and Bristol-fashion”!
The fun to be had included:
- Sand art.
- Pirate-themed bouncy castle.
- Uncle Bob Ormesher’s Magic and Punch & Judy Show (in the ‘Smuggler’s Cove’ themed cafe bar).
- Seaside Donkey rides for the little ones.
- DJ on stage.
- Giant garden games.
- Walsall Council’s popular Reach Up climbing tower.
- Walsall FC’s Target shoot inflatable.
- A skittle alley.
- Bloxwich Fire Station with one of their engines.
- Burger barbecue and fish & chips.
- Ice cream vans a-plenty.
- Traditional Candy Floss.
- Tea and Scones.
- A “stick your head through” Wish You Were Here photo board.
Plus a grand raffle and more!
This special photo feature offers just a small selection of the pictures taken by Stuart Williams of The Bloxwich Telegraph who enjoyed a couple of hours there on the day. But there’s more!
You can also see and download the rest from Flickr for personal souvenirs via this link: