Thanks to the generous support of local businesses, clubs and organisations as well as Walsall Council, Bloxwich families can look forward to a most eggcellent public Easter event in the village again this year – all set for tomorrow, Saturday 30th March!
The event will run from 11am to 3pm and leaflets and posters have been distributed to promote the family fun!
Confirmed activities include:
- Reach Up Tower in Park Rd by the toilets (free activity)
- Easter Bonnet Workshop at Bloxwich Market (free activity)
- Face Painting at Bloxwich Market (free activity)
- Donkey Rides in Park Rd by the toilets (small fee charges)
- Walkabout Acts including The Mad Hatter, Stilt walker, and balloon modeller – promoting an Egg Trail Competition
- Easter Bonnet Parade Competition at 2pm for 2.30pm in the Market Place for children up to 12 years of age
- Easter Egg Team Hunt in King George V Playing Fields from the Play Area off Stafford Rd at 10.30am (see poster below).
- Visit from the Easter Bunny and Easter Chick
The events are also of course aimed at increase the footfall into Bloxwich, and therefore supporting both a healthy business community and jobs. Activities organised to hopefully assist business and local organisations include:
- The Egg Trail competition
- Business Offer leaflet and promoting activities
- Charity Stalls on Bloxwich Market
The Egg Trail competition starts at 2pm from the Market Place and offers the chance for families to track down up to ten letters, each in a different business in the village centre.
The event has been organised by the ever-energetic Nikki Rolls of Walsall Council, working with Bloxwich Business Partnership to support local trade, organisations and the people of Bloxwich. For more about the event check out the Partnership’s Facebook page via the above link and click on the link below to download the PDF event poster.