Apart from the arrival of the Olympic Torch Relay in Bloxwich this Saturday 30 June at 11.58am, there will be much else to enjoy in Bloxwich in connection with this once-in-a-lifetime event!
Bloxwich Celebrates! 2012 is a timely Olympic-themed version of the now-traditional annual summer event in the village, organised by Nikki Rolls, Walsall Council’s Regeneration Officer for Bloxwich, with the help of local organisations. And this year there wil be even more fun and frolics than usual!
In the village centre and up and down Bloxwich High Street from 11.30am – 3.30pm there will be:
- Walkabout acts and Stilt-walkers
- Face Paitning
- A Jubilee Trail (last day!)
- Craft Workshops
Meanwhile in Bloxwich Park, from 12.30pm – 4.30pm there will be a Party in the Park including:
- Party in the Park Arena with performances by local bands/groups
- Picnic in the Park (bring your own picnic)
- Mini Sports Tournament to tie in to the Olympic theme
- Have your photo taken with The Queen (life-size Royal cut-out)
- Children’s Rides (charge payable)
- Inflatables (charge payable)
- Summer Stalls (charge payable)
- Donkey Rides (charge payable)
- Plus much more!
A larger version of the PROGRAMME for the Party in the Park Arena can be downloaded by clicking on the image below:
So why not bring the whole family out to see the Olympic Flame in Bloxwich this Saturday, then party in the park?
For more information telephone 01922 652507.
MORE OLYMPIC FLAME NEWS ITEMS
For all our Olympic Flame/Torch Relay related details and news items, check out our Olympic Games category via this link!
There will be other Torch-related activities going on in Walsall and Willenhall if you can’t make it to Bloxwich – check out the downloadable Olympic Flame leaflet and Torch Route Map in pdf form via this link: Walsall Olympic Torch Leaflet courtesy of Walsall Council.