At this time of year, thoughts turn to family, friends, festivities – and memories of days gone by. In that case, what better Christmas gift than a present from the past?
Walsall Local History Centre is the collective repository for many centuries of Walsallmemories, in all shapes and sizes, and they’re now offering some special packages of local history books at special prices, from stocking fillers to works that will last a lifetime.
Just a few examples now on sale from the Centre’s stock include:
- Yow’m Nicked plus Ta-ra a bit ‘err ‘itler by Ann French – £13.00.
- Around the Town plus Billy Meikle’s Window onWalsallby Stuart Williams – £5.00.
- Black Country Theatres or Black Country Cinemas by Ned Williams plus Leisure inWalsall- £26.00.
- Leaving the Village by Sue Satterthwaite plus Street Names of Aldridge, Rushall, Streetly & Pheasey – £11.00.
- Walsall Lives Calendar by John Griffiths – £6.99.
- Walsall in Recorded Memory DVD – £5.00.
There’s also a vast collection of nostalgic old photographs, prints of which can be made to order, all for that unique gift that shows you care.
Whichever town or village in the borough is YOUR home, there’s sure to be something to fascinate and excite at the Centre in Essex Street, Walsall. Why not drop in today? Telephone 01922 721305 for details and opening hours.
Walsall Local History Centre is the archives and local studies service for Walsall Metropolitan Borough, and is part of Walsall Council.