A series of walks are being held over the next few months and residents are welcome to go along.
All of the walks will be taking place on a Thursday morning at 10:00am.
The length of the walk will be tailored to meet the demands of those who turn up to take part and can last between 30 minutes up to a two hour maximum.
The walks taking place are as follow:
* 20 October: Parson and Clerk, Chester Road, Streetly
* 27 October: Three Crowns Pub, Sutton Road, meeting at the Lay-by next to the garden centre
* 3 November: Barr Beacon, meeting on the car park by the memorial
* 10 November: Sutton park, Streetly Gate.
* 17 November: Walsall Arboretum, meeting on small car park on The Crescent, just off Sutton Road
* 24 November: Aldridge Airport, lower hanger car park
* 1 December: Sutton Park, meeting at car park by the visitors centre near the Town Gate.
Walking is an ideal introduction to becoming more active whether you want to increase your fitness levels, lose weight, meet new friends or visit a new area of the borough. Walk On weekly health walks are delivered across the borough in parks and countryside areas by qualified volunteers and cater for a variety of abilities.
All walks in the programme are free and eligible for Groundmiles®. When attending a walk, please dress according to the weather and wear suitable footwear. Please also bring a drink of water if you think you will need one.
There is no need to book onto the walks, simply turn up at the meeting time. For further information about these or other walks, contact Richard Upton at Sport & Leisure Development Services on 01902 605500.
Councillor Anthony Harris, cabinet member for leisure and culture at Walsall Council, said: “Walking is one of the best forms of physical activity you can do. Regular walking has many benefits, these include weight control, keeping your heart healthy and reducing stress.
“It has added benefits in that you don’t need to join a gym or buy expensive clothing or equipment. You can do it on your own or with others anywhere, anytime and it’s always enjoyable to meet new people and be led by qualified instructors.”